The Facts About Dubai Expo 2020 Everything You Need to Know!
The entire UAE is more than excited about The World’s Greatest Show – Expo 2020 Dubai finally kicking off in a month’s time. Need some inspiration and insights about the Dubai Expo 2020? Well, you’re in the right place. Here we will provide you with a definitive go-to guide along with some interesting facts about Dubai Expo 2020. So, buckle up, and let’s get started!
What is Dubai Expo 2020?Before we go into the details of Dubai Expo 2020, let’s take a look at its origin. Expo 2020 is actually the successor of the World Expos that held around the globe for the last centuries. It is a showcase of human ingenuity, potential, and progress. The World Expo series began in 1851, with the inaugural event held in London, United Kingdom. At that time, it was known as the Great Exhibition. The World Expo symbolizes a celebration of human brilliance and magnificent accomplishments. It’s a global gathering of the nations where people can represent and display the finest arts, cultures, geographies, science, technologies, creativities, and inventions that can solve the most pressing matters of the present day. Expo 2020 Dubai is the first international expo has ever held in the Middle East, South Asia and North Africa. That’s why the entire nation celebrated when Dubai won the right to host Expo 2020. It’s no secret that the United Arab Emirates is always eager to make their presence at the international level, and with Expo 2020, they got the biggest opportunity to enhance their international reputation to the fullest. Expo 2020 is going to be bigger than ever, and organizers are expecting over 25 million visitors during its six months duration.
10 Interesting Facts About Dubai Expo 2020The 7 billion dollars event will be held under the theme “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future” and three subthemes: Opportunity, Mobility, and Sustainability. It’s obviously not a simple thing to host the World Expo. The magnitude and scale of this global event are beyond anyone’s imagination, and Dubai will surely do everything to make it memorable forever. Here are some interesting facts about Dubai Expo 2020 that will blow your mind.
1. Dubai Won the Right After Beating Russia and BrazilBack in 2013, Dubai had to compete with eight cities to win the right to host World Expo. This includes Brazil’s Sao Paulo, Russia’s Ekaterinburg, Turkey’s Izmir, Thailand’s Ayuthaya. The decision was made by the Bureau International des Expositions, an intergovernmental organization in charge of supervising international exposition.
2. Over 25 Million VisitorsFrom its opening date of 1 October 2021 and closing date of 31 March 2021, throughout this six-month, the Expo 2020 Dubai will carry out over 25 million visitors. Well, that’s the number when the entire population of Greece and Belgium is combined together.
3. Largest Number of Foreign Visitors in HistoryOne of the most interesting Dubai Expo 2020 facts is, there will be the largest percentage of foreign visitors that history has never seen before. It’s expected that Around 70% of the event’s total visitors are coming from outside UAE.
4. More Than 200,000 Jobs Were Made Available for This EventAlong with attracting a wide number of visitors, the Dubai expo is also expected to be creating around 277,149 jobs. Most of these jobs are in the travel and tourism sector.
5. 100,000 Hotel RoomsDubai has taken all the necessary steps to handle the 20 million foreign visitors. Already 100,000 hotel rooms are ready to cater to the targeted visitors.
6. A Massive StructureDubai Expo will cover a total of 220,000 square meters in the city of Dubai. The entire exhibition area is 4 km long and 1.8 km wide, which literally bigger than the Grand Central Station of New York City. Despite its larger size and megastructure, the site can be accessed and explored fully on foot.
7. The Logo Is Designed Like an Ancient Gold RingInstead of throwing a competition of designing the event’s logo, his Highness, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum decided to stick with the ancient history. That’s why the logo was modelled based on an ancient golden ring found in Saroug Al Hadeed.
8. One District for One Sub-themeThe exhibition site is separated into three districts based on the different sub-theme; each area will have its own theme. Depending on their chosen topic, each participant has the opportunity to obtain a specific place in one of these pavilions. In addition to bringing their greatest ideas and initiatives, the nations are expected to bring together their most brilliant individuals and entrepreneurs.
9. SustainabilitySustainability – one of the Dubai Expo’s subthemes – has been perfectly maintained in all of the structures. The event will use only half of the electricity generated from renewable sources.
10. Utilizing Reusable Construction MaterialsFollowing the subtheme of Sustainability, Dubai has designed the structures with reusable construction materials. 90% of these materials can be utilized in existing structures and infrastructure.
7 Most Romantic Ideas For Proposing To Your Girl In Dubai activities Best Beach Clubs in Dubai Best Restaurants in Dubai Best Restaurants in Dubai With a View Best rooftop restaurants in dubai Best View Restaurants in Dubai Celebrity Approved Restaurants Celebrity Favorite Restaurants in Dubai Celebrity Favorite Restaurants in the UAE Dubai dubai propsals flyboarding holidays hotel jetski kids luxury villas with pool luxury yacht charter luxury yacht rental dubai marriage proposals places to visit in dubai pool pool villas in dubai private home rental in UAE Private Villa Private Villa Home in Dubai private villas proposal ideas proposals Proposing To Your Girl In Dubai rent a yacht in dubai skidubai skydiving Summer tennis things to do tours vacation villa rental in UAE waterparks wedding proposals yacht yacht rental yachts